Financial Planning 101 – a Head-start towards Financial Freedom!
Financial planning is a rather broad concept that includes topics like budgeting, investments, family planning, insurance and retirement planning.
One does not need to be a financial planning expert to have a firm grasp on what each of these topics mean and how they may impact you.
As a young adult graduating, entering the workforce, and maybe starting to live independently (for some of you), MentorsHub has gathered a panel of our established mentors to offer you some advice.
Key Questions we will be answering include:
1. Budgeting and Savings: “I have just started earning an income, how should I budget and manage my expenditure? How much should I be saving?”
2. Family Planning: “I’m thinking of starting a family, what expenditure should I plan for financially? How should I think about the costs for a wedding, owning property, having kids?”
3. Investments Planning: “What are the common investment/saving instruments I should be familiar with? How should I be assessing/comparing them?”
4. Insurance: “How should I be thinking about insurance for me and my family? Do I really need it? How much coverage is enough?”
5. Retirement Planning: “Is it too early to think about retirement when I have only started working? Will my CPF be sufficient? What other avenues are there?”
Be prepared for a highly interactive panel discussion where our senior mentors share the do’s and don’ts. You will also hear about their candid stories of the mistakes they have made when they first started out just like you!
Limited seats on a first-come-first-served basis.
Time & Venue
Date: 21 August, Saturday, 2021
Time: 9.00am to 11.00am (log in from 8.50am)
Venue: Zoom invite for successful registrants
This fireside chat will be conducted by MentorsHub’s mentors with strong financial, business and consulting backgrounds:
Kelvin Hew, Director, Baring Private Equity Asia
18 years of experience in various industries, management consulting, and private equity across Asia and the U.S. Skilled in strategy, finance and operations improvement.
Manish Shroff, Director – Specialised Industries, ANZ Bank
Over 25 years of multicultural international banking career with global banks across India, US and Singapore.
Tan Lay Kuan, ACMA, Master Financial Consultant, Prudential Assurance
Former CFO and Financial Controller in SMEs, experienced in corporate financial management, individuals’ wealth preservation and accumulation and investments.
Sanjay Chandarana, Finance Director, Anixter International
25+ years of experience in commercial finance and accounting across Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, in the Communications and Security Distribution sectors.
Bhavesh Shah, CFO and VP Finance, ConvaTec
Holds CPA, CMA, CFA and CWA; 28+ years of experience in business transformation and growth in North America and Asia Pacific.