Your Workshop Leader
Mr. Chuck Ng is the Head of Global Private Banks Distribution for Asia at Schroders. He is highly experienced in the private banking, retail banking and financial planning sectors. He is passionate about building young individuals and start-up enterprises especially in the areas of Growth Mindset, Resilience in failure, Innovative Thinking and Tenacity in Pursuit.
Time & Venue
Date: 28th July, Wednesday, 2021
Time: *8.30pm to 10.00pm (*login by 8.20pm)
Venue: By Zoom Invitation
Target audience: Mentees who are graduating or desire to increase their chances of a successful job application. You want to learn how to meet the recruiter’s, HR’s and employer’s expectations at pre-during-post interview stages.
This workshop aims to guide mentees into the right mental mode when applying for jobs, use the right tools to prepare themselves, execute in confidence, make a strong follow-up after each interview stage and maximize their chances towards positive job offers.
- What is an interview for?
- Varying interviewer intentions
- Job specific factors
- Before the interview(s)
- CV preparation
- Questions simulation
- Research and practice
- During the interview
- First impression counts
- Listening, Reflecting, Responding
- Unexpected turns & how to handle them
- Post-interview follow-up
- Thank you notes
- Preparing for the next interview
- Lessons learned
- Applications, Access & Arrangements
- When to start search
- Informational interviews
- Managing multiple events
You will learn:
- What an interview is for, how to prepare for it, navigate it and follow-up on it.
- How to get from being an applicant to candidacy, and from a candidate to a hiree.
- That successful interviewing is a state of mind, not just steps of CV writing, appointments and idle waiting.