Your Workshop Leader
Mr. Chuck Ng is the Founder & Director at GRIT Academy which aims to build young individuals and help start-up enterprises. He delivers personalised & customised programmes through the four pillars of Growth Mindset, Resilience in failure, Innovative Thinking and Tenacity in Pursuit. Formerly the Managing Director and Head of Retail Distribution & Regional Partnerships at Manulife Asset Management, Chuck now advises CEOs on taking a whole-of-firm approach towards building a sustainable distribution strategy.
Time & Venue
Date: 13th April, Saturday, 2019
Time: *9.00am to 12.00pm (*must be seated by 8.45am), light refreshments provided.
Venue: 20 Collyer Quay, #23-01, Singapore 049319.
Target audience: Mentees who wish to meet the recruiter’s, HR’s and employer’s expectations at pre-during-post interview stages.
This workshop aims to guide mentees into the right mental mode when applying for jobs, use the right tools to prepare themselves, execute in confidence, make a strong follow-up after each interview stage and maximize their chances towards positive job offers.
- What is an interview for?
- Varying interviewer intentions
- Job specific factors
- Before the interview(s)
- CV preparation
- Questions simulation
- Research and practice
- During the interview
- First impression counts
- Listening, Reflecting, Responding
- Unexpected turns & how to handle them
- Post-interview follow-up
- Thank you notes
- Preparing for the next interview
- Lessons learned
- Applications, Access & Arrangements
- When to start search
- Informational interviews
- Managing multiple events
You will learn:
- What an interview is for, how to prepare for it, navigate it and follow-up on it.
- How to get from being an applicant to candidacy, and from a candidate to a hiree.
- That successful interviewing is a state of mind, not just steps of CV writing, appointments and idle waiting.